Saturday, January 17, 2009

It's been a while since we last blogged, so I though I should catch you up on these last few weeks. After 2 weeks, I have finally nailed down a phone interview with the Director of College Counseling at the Cannon School in Concord. I am interviewing for the job as Administrative Assistant to that Department. It sounds like a lot of responsibility, but for the most part, it's all stuff I've done before (with slight alterations), so I think I could be great at this job! I get the impression that this department is quite overwhelmed right now, so she's asked if we could do a phone interview over the weekend. This is certainly not my first choice, but it seems to be what works best for her (and it's all about pleasing her at this stage in the process). My "interview" is at 1:30 today. The school is less than 5 miles from my house and is directly in between our house and Chris' office. Not to mention that it's across the interstate from my "regular" shopping center, so I could tend to all my errands after work without any inconvenience. I'm LOVING the idea of a school schedule as well - 7:00 - 3:00 M-F / ALL federal holidays off/spring break, summer vacation, etc. This still allows me to work on my sewing projects on the side! This could be great for us! I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much b/c I don't know many specifics of the job yet, but from a distance, it seems perfect.

Secondly, Chris' birthday is in 3 weeks! He'll turn the big 3-0!!!! This is a big birthday in someone's life and we are definately celebrating!!! We're still working out the details, but we're thinking about having a small party at our house (just Chris' close friends) and then go bowling!!! His favorite candy bar is Butterfinger, and I have a recipe for Butterfinger cake, so that's what he's requested I make for the party! I'm working on a special gift for him (that I obviously cannot disclose yet), and I really hope he likes it! YAY for birthdays! They're my favorite days of the year!!!

Last week I started a new Bible Study with the beautiful ladies in my Sunday School Class called "No Other Gods" by Kelly Minter. Basically, it's all about acknowledging what other gods we worship in some way everyday and learning to put them aside for the glory of our Heavenly Father. Some idols can be small (like media, food, etc.) while others can be huge (like infertility, spouses, etc.). This will be a good study for me as I am always struggling with inadvertently making pregnancy/babies/family my idols.

Well, I guess that's it for now. Hope ya'll have a wonderful weekend! Until next time . . .

No comments: