Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Melody's New Business Venture

Hello! It's been a long time since I last "blogged" - my deepest apologies! I know that most of you can hardly get through your day without asking the question "what's going on with Chris and Melody today?" LOL! Well, this blog entry will surely not disappoint!


I have officially launched Simply Divine Designs! For those of you just catching on, this is a new business I have started while biding my time in between jobs (since apparently all of the Charlotte metro area is on a hiring freeze). Simply Divine is a handmade baby boutique business. I currently offer customizable burp cloths, boppy covers, diaper clutches, fleece & patchwork blankets, paci clips, and bibs. I'm also working on diaper bags and changing pads as well (but those aren't ready to be sold yet) - this was my mother's brilliant idea!

So, obviously this is the reason why my blogging has been so sparse lately - come to find out, it takes a lot of time and attention to start your own business! lol! I published the website this week - so far there have only been positive reports! There's still a lot I want to do with it, but it's at a good jumping off point. The pricing structure is the hardest thing to nail down. I have to take into account each material cost per unit of measure, profit, overhead, and time (aka my "salary"). Then I have to apply those figures to each product individually - LUCKILY, Chris is awesome at this side of the business and I just let him take the reins (for the most part).

Currently I am researching business cards, tags,, stationary, car decals, etc. - anything I can to get my name out there. Chris' mom has allowed me to put up a vendor tent at her next big winery event (Farm Day) inn May. So right now I'm mostly building up inventory for that. I also hope to check out the Concord Flea Market held during the weekends throughout Spring and Summer. In the meantime, I am taking web orders.

The website address is http://www.simplydivinedesigns.biz/ - please check it out and let me know if anything sparks your interest!

1 comment:

It' an Evolution said...

I took a look at your website..looks great. I wish you all the best. Unfortunately my kids havea all passed the baby stage...I will remember it for baby gifts now....
Janet Doherty
http://itisanevolution.blogspot.com/