Monday, October 11, 2010

Another Year Has Come & Gone



Friday was my birthday. I turned 29 years old. That's hard to believe. I am no where near where I expected to be at that age, but I know I've been blessed. Chris made sure everything about this birthday was as special as it could be. He surprised me everyday with a birthday treat: Monday was KK doughnuts (my favorite!), Tuesday was a love note in my car and a bag of Dove chocolates (also my favorite), Wednesday he planned to take me to one of our favorite Mexican restaurants for dinner (but I kinda ruined his plan with my busy day at work), Thursday he had cupcakes delivered to my Bible Study group, and then we celebrated all weekend long :) My parents came to visit on Friday/Saturday. We had cake and presents, sushi and shopping . . . it was a delight! Then on Saturday night Chris and I celebrated with our close friends, Rob & Kelly, at the Epicentre in uptown Charlotte. We went out for dinner at MEZ and then to a movie at the swanky theatre next door. We saw "Life As We Know It". It was a lot of fun! Each year we celebrate my birthday together and each year it gets better and better!

And to top it all off, I had the following Monday off of work to enjoy however I pleased! So it's been a super wonderful week of birthday celebrations! I'm looking forward to all that 29 and 2011 have to offer.

No comments: