So, today went WAY better than anticipated! Obviously, since I'm blogging about this, I have good news to report. Keeping in mind that last year there was almost no recognition of this special day, I had very low expectations. However, it turns out the the employees of ColeJenest and Stone must value me a whole lot more than I give them credit for. As I approached my office this morning, sat down in my chair and logged in to my computer, I received an email informing me that the civic team had provided breakfast for the admin team this morning in recognition of the "holiday." WOW - that was super! Muffins, fruit, danishes, juice - it was so lovely! Especially because I hadn't yet had breakfast and I was starving! Throughout the morning there were several well-wishes, many "thank you's," and "this office could not function without you" (which was my personal favorite). All lovely sentiments to hear. When I got back from lunch, there was a beautiful bouquet of flowers on my desk from the Partners, Brian and Dudley. Now this was truly unexpected. Dudley was spending the day in our Raleigh office (though he did call to wish me a happy admin professionals day) and Brian was wrapped up in meetings all day - so how they snuck this one by me I'll never know. Seeing as I'm their personal assistant and I know I didn't order these flowers for myself, I'm curious as to how they got it done! :) Later in the day, I received a gift card from my direct supervisor, Alison, to a really cool store in Southend called Paper Skyscraper. And then, to top it all off, a co-worker (Marie) honored me with a peanut butter and chocolate brownie from Dean and Deluca. What a wonderful day! 364 days out of the year, administrative professionals are so under-appreciated, but on this one day out of the year, we feel very blessed! I was amazed at the thoughtfulness that came from my co-workers today - it was truly a great day to be an Executive Administrative Assistant!

No comments:
Post a Comment