Tuesday, April 22, 2008

We've been so busy lately that I haven't even had a chance to share our good news. After two long months of waiting and being patient, Chris has finally found a job! He is now a full-time employee of Granite Contracting. I couldn't tell you exactly what he does there - some sort of combination of the assistant project manager's position stirred in with some surveying and GPS work. All that matters to me, is that he enjoys it! No more endless work hours and sky-high frustration - he seems to have found one that finally compliments his interests and highlights his strengths (while maintaining a "normal" work week). You can check out more at www.granitecontracting.com. "How did he find this great job?" you might ask. Well, there is a couple in our Sunday School class that we have become very good friends with (Ryan and Valerie Haynes). Valerie is an Engineer at ColeJenest and Stone and got me my job there almost 2 years ago. Her husband, Ryan, is the Controller for Granite Contracting (he also is the owner's nephew). So there's the obvious answer right there. In addition, while Chris was still working at SSC Construction, he assisted in building an addition onto Steve Cosper's house and office. Steve is the Owner of Granite Contracting. So, in a way, they had already worked together in the past - enough for Chris to make an impression on Steve so that, inevitably, he would be offered a position within Granite. Or you could just say that the Lord provided the right job at the right time. So we are very thankful for this recent development and look forward with great anticipation to the things still yet to come as a result.

As a side note, tomorrow is Administrative Professionals Day! Seeing as I am considered an "Administrative Professional," I am very excited! I discreetly added this special occasion to all my bosses calendars and sent them a friendly email reminder on Friday. I guess we'll have until tomorrow to know if it paid off! Let's just say, I'll either have wonderful, happy things to blog about tomorrow, or nothing at all. Here's hoping it's the first option of the two . . .

The bus is still going well for me. I noticed today that gas on our exit is up to $3.54/gallon - so the bus is going excellently for me! How can I not be pleased with saving all that money! One of these days I'll remember to turn in my parking pass so that I can save an additional $75/mo. - Think of all the new spring/summer clothes I can buy with that in my pocket! Well, probably not as much as I'd like - but maybe a new dress or blouse perhaps?

My sister called the other day and tells me that she is already 33 weeks preggers . . . and I have to ask "where did all that time go???" In all three pregnancies, I have yet to actually see her "pregnant" (in the true sense of the word), so while I know that she is, in fact, pregnant, I have yet to actually witness it myself! It's like one day she tells me she's having a baby, then the next day (which only seems like a few short months later), I have a new nephew/niece. It's crazy! I really hate being so far apart. When is the Air Force gonna station them back in NC??? I mean, really . . . hasn't 7 years been long enough!

Chris and I leave in about a week and a half to spend the weekend in Ocean Isle with our friends. We are SO looking forward to this little retreat from real life! I'm just hoping that the weather is beautiful - the last 2 times we had weekend trips to the beach, the weather was terrible and rainy and it was a complete waste of time and money. I'm sure I'll bring back many new pictures to post!

Well, I guess that's all I have to blog about today. Hopefully I'll have happy news to report tomorrow . . . :)

No comments: