Is "Ballsy" Appropriate Language for a Church to Use?
So, a few months ago, a local church (Kinetic Church) had some valuables stolen. And as a means of contacting the thief at large, they decided to post billboards along I-85. What astonishes me the most are two things: 1 - the language used on the billboards, and 2 - that they used God's money to do this. After investigating further, I read that not only are they using money that should be distributed more wisely to further God's kingdom, but they have a "Billboard Fund" program set up where people are constantly pouring money into this cause (both physically and through their website). Does this sound crazy to anyone else??? Can we not think of better ways to use God's money??? Like, oh I don't know, missions? local underprivileged communities? 3rd world countries? This whole thing seems utterly ridiculous to me. I added some pictures below. Check them and let me know what you think. If I were a lost soul, I certainly wouldn't look to a church who posts the word "ballsy" on a billboard for moral direction.
No comments:
Post a Comment