Thursday, June 5, 2008

What A Week!

This week has proven to be a very busy one for us. Chris kicked off softball season (for the 3rd year in a row) on Monday, scheduling consistent weekly practices (2 times a week) until the games start in a few weeks. Then, instead of practices, they'll have 2-3 games per week. He officially accepted the job offer with Granite on Tuesday (YEAH!!!!), so we celebrated over a bucket of crab legs and sweet potato fries with our good friends, Rob and Kelly. We didn't get home until late that night. Then, last night was my friend, Amy's, birthday. So the girls all got together for dinner and a movie after work. We saw "What Happens in Vegas" - hilarious movie! I laughed SO hard! It was after midnight before I got home. Needless to say, I was exhausted when they alarm went off at 5:00 AM this morning! Chris has another practice again tonight and I've got to shop for a wedding present after work for our friends who are getting married this weekend. Tomorrow I'll work till 1:00, then will meet my friend, Tricia, for coffee at 3:00, the off to see Sex and the City (again) at 4:00. This has been the busiest week - I'm taking it easy next week - no plans after work - I just cannot function without my 10 hours of sleep a night! :)

Chris and I have big plans for our weekend! We've been putting this off for months, but I cannot take it any longer! Our good friends, Ryan and Valerie, got the brilliant idea to sand and paint their bedroom furniture to make it look brank new all over again - and it looks great! So, in true Harrell fashion, we are following their lead and plan to do the same with our bedroom furniture this weekend! Right now, the furniture is brown, but it doesn't go well with the colors of our bedroom. So we're painting the furniture black and replacing the hardware with brushed nickel (we currently have gold hardware). It's gonna be fabulous - I'll try and remember to take pictures of it and post them when we're done.

As a side note, it would seem that our "luxury highrise" office has become infested with Palmetto bugs (aka LARGE cockroaches). One even fell from the ceiling onto my friends desk in front of her - I would have had a heart attack!!! I have to wonder, how does a highrise get bugs like these? Especially when your office is on the 14th floor!!! I'm disgusted! I manage our office facilities and this is quite disturbing news to me! However, despite my best efforts to inform our property management about this, I'm pretty sure they're choosing to do nothing about it (or at least as little as possible). YUCK!!!

As you can see on the right side of the page, Chris and I have raised $100 towards our goal for the heart walk! YEAH!!! Keep 'em coming, it's for a GREAT cause!!! Thanks to those of you who have contributed so far! You're the best!!!

No comments: