Friday, October 10, 2008

My Paper Heart - Francesca Battistelli

My sister sent me a CD by this artist for my birthday and I find her music to be very honest and inspiring. On the back of her album cover, she wrote the following message:

"I am in awe of what the Lord has done in me. This year has been the hardest, scariest, most rewarding year of my life. I have known sorrow and I have known joy. God has spoken quietly the words of His heart and he has shown me colors in the grayest hues of winter. He has sung songs over me in solitude and He has never let go of my fragile, paper heart. He knows every corner of it – the tattered, torn, untouched places. He knows the songs that move it, the words that pierce it and the people He uses to change it. I am forever safe in His hands. In turn I say o=to you, Beloved, let Him romance you with the things that He alone knows will take your breath away. He is longing for you? Can you hear Him calling?"

It's like she took the words right out of my mouth! I would highly suggest previewing this CD or even buying it - it's excellent!

No comments: