Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I Have Seen the Light

Chris and I went to Lowes over the weekend and bought a new dining room light! We were so very excited to be getting rid of the tacky gold light that has been there since we moved in. Our new light matches our dining room perfectly and also goes very well with the lights we have in our kitchen (that are very similar in nature). Here are some snapshots of our new addition.


In other news, I received a phone call from Cannon School yesterday informing me that they offered the job to another candidate and that person has accepted. Now this was very sad news for me to hear because I really wanted THIS job :( I've never had to compete for a job before and I've never been turned down for one either. I had a great interview, a high recommendation from my old boss (who incidentally is a close friend of the family with whom I interviewed), 3 stellar letters of recommendation, and my easy and outgoing personality. I thought for sure I had it in the bag. They affirmed all the same things on the phone with me yesterday, but the candidate that they chose had one thing I did not . . . experience in the college counseling field. While I know this would have been something I could have learned quickly, their immediate need was to find someone who could just step right in with little hands-on training. They have assured me that they were very pleased with me and that my resume will remain on file in case other jobs open up at the school. I'll be very honest . . . I was heartbroken. I've never wanted a particular job so bad in all my life. This one seemed SO perfect. But there's peace in knowing that if this wasn't the job for me, then there's something out there even better. It's difficult for me to imagine that right now, but it is true. Ever since my lay-off in December, our prayer has been that the Lord would bring me the perfect job (for me). When I say "perfect", I don't mean monetarily, I mean a job that is ideal for my qualifications and passions. One that I will enjoy going to every day. One that will enrich my life and fill me with a sense of pride and success. One where I would be valued. So, no we're back to playing the waiting game. Waiting on God to present to me the right opportunity at the right time. He will provide! "Lord, not my will, but YOURS be done."

No comments: