
Yesterday I felt lke I was overwhelmed by an abundance of blessings. I'm so fortunate to have family and friends that love me and care for me so much. It's been a difficult couple of weeks and I've had to overcome many doubts that Satan has poured into my mind, but then, right on time, God shows up and blesses me through the people He has placed in my life. First, there's my sweet friend, Kelly, whom I just adore. She's so busy lately and has so much going on, but this past weekend she really took the time to just catch up with me and remind me about why I love her so much.If ever I asked for a friend who would be everything I needed in a friend, I have found that in Kelly. So I'm blessed through encouraging, supportive, and loving friends! Then there's my amazing grandparents!.

I received a phone call last week from my Papa just letting me know that he and my Mema love me, are praying for me, and believe that I will be successful in starting this new business. They were encouraging and supportive, and most of all, proud of me for taking on this new adventure. That alone was enough to boost my spirits and provide the motivation that I was needing to press on. But then yesterday I received a check in the mail - a "donation" of sorts for Simply Divine Designs. They believe so much in what I'm doing and my ability to be successful at it that they have chosen to support financially as well. I am still overwhelmed. Their goodness and generosity is far more than I could ever ask for. "Thank you so much, mema & papa, again, from the bottom of my heart." I vow not to disappoint you. And as if these undeserved blessings are not enough to humble me already, I also received a package in the mail yesterday containing a certain Easter dress that I fell in love with but was not able to purchase for myself.

Unbeknownced to me, my parents bought me this dress as an act of love and encouragement. I loved this dress so much and was so hoping to be able to purchase it for Easter, but then came face to face with my own finacial limitations as of late and just knew that it probably would not be a possibility to have. These days, we're more focused on actual daily needs rather than wants. Plus, I did have other dressses to choose from already in my closet. However, without even discussing any of this with my parents, they went ahead and purchased the dress for me. I was totally surprised when I opened the package yesterday and saw it lying there in front of me. Instantly I tried it on and it fit like a glove. Mom said that my size was the only size left in the store, so we think it was kismet and believe that it was meant to be just for me :) "Mom and dad, thank you so much for this beautiful dress! I can't wait to wear it and take family Easter pictures in it! Now I'll have this story to tell every time I look at those pictures!" So, as you can see, I have many reasons to be thankful and humbled by the people in my life. I don't know what I have ever done to deserve such goodness, but I am so appreciative of it. My spirit is encouraged and I feel so loved.
3 comments:
Don't you love God's sweet provision for you this week? I love that He does exceedingly and abundantly more than we could ever ask or imagine.
Hope it's ok that I put a link to Divine Designs on my blog. And we are supposed to find out tomorrow if Kyle's cousin is having a boy or girl so I'll be ordering a diaper clutch for her. Do you accept out-of-state checks from Harrells?? :)
God works in mysterious ways...count your blessings always and never give up!
Janet
I LOVE your new business and great job on the website! Very impressive! I'll be sure to check it out more and buy something!!
Post a Comment