Friday, March 11, 2011

When God Chooses YOU

I recently came across an article entitled "The Bible & The Pain of Infertility".  It put every thought I've ever had over the last 6 years into perfect words.  I won't divulge much more than that here, but I really encourage you to read the article for yourself.  If you or someone you know is struggling with the pain of infertility, this information will be indispensible to you.  Specifically speaking, if you have never experienced this for yourself but are close to one who has, this will really help you understand what they're going through so you can empathize on a deeper level and know how to better be there for them throughout their journey.  Unfortunately, the vast majority of people are uneducated about this issue and tend to do more harm than good when faced with it (unknowingly).  In this day and age, I think it is becoming more of an open topic and I implore you to educate yourself on it for the sake of those you care about who are facing this struggle (oftentimes completely on their own).

Additionally, I read a blog post today by an aquaintance that I know through my dear friend, Courtney.  It addresses the question "Are We Alone?" when faced with miscarriage and/or loss of a child.  It was well-written and worth a read.

Please take the time to understand the pain that others suffer on a daily basis and how to better support/encourage them.  No one chooses these life lessons, rather, we are chosen by God FOR them - and there's nothing we can do about that but be thankful (ironcally), and faithful, while we wait for His perfect timing which will result in joy unspeakable and life overflowing.

2 comments:

Drew and Leslie said...

Hey Melody. I'm one of those people who reads your blog that you don't know very well. :-) We were in the college class together many moons ago and I've enjoyed following your journey as I too traveled the infertility road for almost four years. I downloaded the article and am going to read it and would love to get your e-mail so we can chat afterwards. I'm interested to see what is says and how it relates to my journey as well.

Drew and Leslie said...

Oh yeah, my e-mail address might be helpful... :-) leslieecherd@gmail.com