Not only does my favorite author's new film adaptation of his book "Nights in Rodanthe" open in theatres tomorrow (which Chris has long since vowed to take me to see), but I will actually get to meet him in person next Thursday night (10/2) at a book signing of his latest novel "The Lucky One". I don't think I even need to go into any more detail about how totally elated I am about this! It will probably be the highlight moment of 2008 and for me! I have contemplated purchasing his new book to autograph next week, but I've opted against it for 2 reasons:
1. My birthday is in 2 weeks and the book is on "the list."
2. My favorite novel by NS is "The Notebook" - this novel has inspired me so much that I have vowed to name my first born son after the main character in this book . . . Noah Calhoun. I also plan to read this book to my children as I rock them to sleep at night (excluding certain parts for obvious reasons). Therefore, for sentimental value, it only seems appropriate to have Nicholas Sparks autograph this book for me - as it has and will continue to play a big part in my life.
I can't even believe it - this is such big news!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment