I spent part of the weekend in Raleigh with my family - it was super fun. I couldn't stay for too long b/c I left Chris at home alone and he can't stay that way for too long or he'll get crazy pitiful (don't tell him I said that!). My mom and I went to see "Mama Mia" - I had no idea had great it was going to be! PLUS - it was the karaoke version so we could sing along in the theatre! WHAT FUN!!! I immediately bought the soundtrack when we left the theatre and listened to it all the way home to Charlotte!
Today we're heading to our friends house (Rob & Kelly) for a Labor Day cookout! Can't believe summer is coming to an end already - where did it go? I know it's not officially over until September 21st, but this is the last summer holiday - which is pretty sad. I'm looking forward to Fall, though. It's my favorite season.
3 major events I recently found out about that are worth noting: 1) Edwin McCain is giving a concert at Meredith College's outdoor ampitheatre on Friday, Sept. 19th at 8:00 pm. Tickets are only $10 - GO! You can't afford to miss this man - he's amazing! 2) Miss Saigon has recently sprung from retirement and is back out on tour! I have been waiting for this to happen for many years! It's my favorite Broadway show and it's coming to Raleigh next Spring! omigosh! And 3) Michael Buble is rounding out his U.S. Tour and will be performing in Raleigh this October. Chris and I saw this tour when he came through Charlotte last Spring - but I'd go again in a heartbeat. These are three events that are a MUST! If you don't do anything else "cultural" for the rest of the year, try and do at least one of these events. They are sure to be worth every penny you spend!
Happy Labor Day!
2 comments:
we had fun hanging out last weekend...thanks for coming over and spending time with us! we need to come to sharlut and use your b-n-b...and see chris. i think the first day of fall is 9/23 (cuz that's our anniversary) but i could be rong. c-ya!
I know- Michael Buble is coming to Birmingham in September and they're giving away tickets on the radio- would love to go for our 7 yr anniv. but don't think Eric is that up and up on the hints. :) lol Also, they're doing Les Miserables here at Shakespeare theater and I'm hopefully gonna be able to go to that! Woo Hoo!
Post a Comment