Saturday, December 6, 2008

BIG Time Savings

In light of this week's events, I am trying to be more cost effective and save as much as possible wherever possible. So I pulled out the weekly grocery circulars and made a list of all the buy one get one free items (the relevant items at least). I began at Lowe's Foods, then went on to Food Lion, and finally ended at Harris Teeter. I know what you're thinking - that it must have taken much longer to go to 3 different grocery stores. Well, the minor inconvenience was well worth the hassle. I spent $99 on our groceries (which cut our budget in Half ALREADY) and saved $90!!!!! I think I got an entire month's worth of some items. Several things were buy one get two or three free! How can you turn that down!!! I'm so pleased with all my savings! YAY!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, not sure if you know this already or not, but Lowe's Foods has TRIPLE coupon days every so often!!! I'll keep an ear out for them and let you know when the next one will be. You can really save on those shopping trips!