The inevitable has finally happened. I think I've been denying the reality of this economic "crisis" and its effects on ColeJenest and Stone for a while now. It can't be ignored anymore. I was laid off yesterday, for the first time in my life. I sat in that awkward conference room with 10 of my fellow co-workers listening to my boss(es) explain that it wasn't a personal decision, in fact it was a very difficult decision, but the power of the dollar was more valuable than our contributions to the firm, and they had no other choice but to let us all go. No matter how hard you try, you can't help but take it personally, even just a little bit. I knew it was coming, but I was shocked to find myself included in this group. They said that in my case in particular, 80%-90% of my time was considered overhead and not billable time, and they couldn't afford to keep a full-time overhead employee on staff any longer. Even though this was understood among us all when I accepted the position of Executive Assistant over a year ago, I was laid off in spite of it anyways.
BUT! The great news is that I now have the time to do so many things that I never had the time for before. There's the obvious hobbies: reading, sewing, crafting, cleaning, etc., but I'm most excited about all the time that I get to dedicate to the Lord and His service. He's been changing my heart for months and I never had the time to dedicate back to Him or to the calling that He's placed on my life. He provided such an awesome way for me to leave my current situation and press on to what He has in store for me by allowing me the monetary comforts that I'm used to (severance/benefits/unemployment) so that it's not a drastic change for us.
I'm not even sure what it is exactly that I am meant to do, but I know that it's in ministry - perhaps even missions - and I'll just continue to pray for direction and guidance during this process and be available for whatever He has in store for me. The great hope I have now is that whatever His plan is for me and whatever "job" is out there waiting for me, it is SO much greater than I had in the past or that I can fathom right now. And I'm so excited to know that in His perfect time I will be living my life according to His perfect plan for me and my family. What an amazing opportunity that has been placed before me!
Stay tuned . . . awesome things are bound to happen . . .
1 comment:
I'm sorry to hear that but you're right good things are to come! I quit my job this summer and a month later found out I was pregnant, so you never know what God is up to! :)
Post a Comment