5 years ago I saw this movie for the first time. I've read the book and watched the film a million times since! This is my all time favorite book and movie! It made such an impact on me that I vowed to name my first son Noah after the main character in this novel and would read the story to my kids as I rocked them to sleep at night.
Today I found out that this beloved book is being adapted into a Broadway musical! My second love! The best part about this is that it is being written and produced by Bethany Joy Galeotti (of One Tree Hill) in Wilmington, NC (my third love)! The auditions begin on August 1 and for the first time since I left college I wish I were still involved in musical theatre so as not to miss out on this incredible opportunity. But because I moved to Charlotte and have laid aside practically all my musical theatre training and instruction over the last 5 years, I'm saddened to say that I guess I'll just have to be a fellow ticket-buying patron of this exciting event.
Either way, although bittersweet, I am thrilled to see this adaptation take place and look forward to tracking its progress between now and opening night in October!
http://www.thenotebookmusical.com/Home_Page.html
One hopeless romantic, one practical comic . . . laughing our way through a lifetime of love!
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
The Notebook
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment