Wednesday, December 30, 2009

OOPS!

Yesterday I committed one of the most stupid acts of humankind that has ever happened on this earth (or at least that's how it made me feel).  I had plans to meet my girlfriend Kelly for lunch yesterday.  Chris was outside doing some yardwork when I gave him a quick goodbye kiss and got into my car.  I turn on the ignition, reverse out of the driveway, and right as I began to turn my head (before getting to the street) to make sure no one was coming . . . CRASH!  I mean a BIG crash!  I slammed right into Chris' truck!  He had parked the truck in front of the driveway so he could mow and edge around the street (where he usually parks his truck).  Never once did I see a shiny red vehicle sitting at the edge of my driveway!  I was horrified!  The glass on the rear window shattered into a million little pieces, my bumper and tail light were broken, and the side of Chris' (work) truck was bashed in!  We took pictures but I'm too horrified to show them!  As usual, Chris was as cool as a cucumber . . . probably b/c he could see that I was freaking out enough for the both of us!  He called our insurace and immediately took care of the problem at hand.  What a great man!  He kept telling me that it was no big deal and that's exactly why we have insurance :)  So tomorrow they're sending someone over to fix my rear window and on Monday we're taking it to the dealership to be fixed and picking up our rental.  Since Chris' truck is registered under Granite Contracting, our insurance will deal directly with them to get his truck fixed.  Looks like they'll have to replace his passenger side door.  Chris told me (after reviewing the damage) that it could have been a lot worse!  Fortunately, the things that have to be fixed on both our cars are rather minor and there was very little actual body damage done.  We have a low deductible so it'll only cost us $250 to fix both cars.  Thank the good Lord for GEICO!  It's times like these when I'm SO thankful for what they do for me!

(PS - that's strike 2 against Melody: first I wash Chris' work phone (a Blackberry of all things) and then I crash into his work vehicle . . . at this point, Granite might be looking for a reason to fire my husband since I am such a casualty to them!)

No comments: