Friday, October 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Vacation is Almost Here!

I am SO looking forward to Thanksgiving vacation this year! It's been a tradition in our family for many years to rent a cabin in the mountains the week of Thanksgiving and spend time together as a family. With all of us being scattered throughout different states lately, Thanksgiving vacation is something we all look forward to every year. Last year we found a lovely cabin (The Cove at Fairview) in Asheville that finally accommodates our ever-expanding family. We're up to 11 people in our immediate family - and the number will hopefully keep growing :) In the past, it's always been a challenge to find a new location to host thanksgiving because there's always been new additions to the family :) But we've finally found a place that can/will hopefully accommodate us for a little while longer. Typically, because of work, Chris and I only get to spend the last few days of Thanksgiving vacation at the cabin. It's been our personal family tradition to enjoy a lovely Thanksgiving eve/day with his family and then Thanksgiving weekend with mine. But since I took the job at the Bank, my time-off has grown exponentially and I am now afforded the luxury of taking the whole week off of work and can spend the majority of the week with my family! I LOVE this! Everything about Thanksgiving and Christmas is wrapped up in my family - all our traditions, the food, the activities, etc. - so just being with them puts me in the perfect holiday mood :) We are 4 weeks away from Thanksgiving vacation, and I can hardly wait!!!







1 comment:

Andrea said...

How lovely (I'm a little jealous). I know you all will have a wonderful time. I'm glad you get some time off- it really helps to be able to take that break from work and rejuvenate with family!