Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter!

Happy (belated) Easter, everyone!  I hope you had a wonderful holiday!  We actually stayed in town this year (cannot recall ever doing that before) and had the family over to our house instead.  My mom, sister, and future brother-in-law all came to Concord to spend the weekend with us.  Once the weather cleared around lunchtime on Saturday, we were able to get out and enjoy some family time together outdoors.  We went to the Memorial Gardens, took a stroll along the streets of downtown Concord, and even stopped by the local creamery for some good old fashioned homemade ice cream (mmm  . . . ).  Then we visited one of the coolest places I've ever been to - The Depot Antique Mall.  This place is truly ginormous and full of the most amazing little treasures!  I love going there - my mind just goes crazy with all the possibilty I see!  My friends, Bethany and Meghan, rent a booth there to sell their designs (which are amazing by the way!).  Other than that, we enjoyed all the usual family activites . . . popcorn and movie night, pizza delivery and Season 1 of 'Friends" (nothing can make us laugh harder!).  But my favorite part was sharing Easter Sunday with my family at my church.  Rarely do they ever get to visit our church when they're in town, so I was super excited when they did this Easter!  We've been telling them for years all about it (and our amazing friendships rooted there), so for them to actually experience it with us meant a lot ot me.  Then we came home and enjoyed a super-duper fabulous Easter lunch (at my new dining room table - lol!). 

Our menu this year was:
Breakfast: Spinach Cheddar Quiche, Fruit Salad
Lunch: Strawberry Fields Salad, Homemade Mac and Cheese, Balsamic Glazed Roasted Vegetables, Garlic Rosemary Fingerling Potatoes, Yeast Rolls, and Sweet Tea
Dessert: Strawberry Swirl Cream Cheese Poundcake

I must say, for my first "real" Easter lunch, I thought I did a pretty good job!  All the food came out very well, but I was a little disappointed in my pound cake :(  It tasted great but it didn't look like I was hoping it would.  But in my defense, it was my first ever pound cake!  PLUS, my mixer broke in the middle of putting the ingredients together (boo!).  Guess it's time to invest in a real KitchenAid mixer now (wink wink!).



No comments: