One of the best blessings in life is finding those kinds of friendships in the workplace. Our jobs may not always leave us feeling happy or confident, but the people you work with can be the one thing that changes that experience entirely. I am fortunate to have many WONDERFUL friends at my workplace! People who I truly believe are interested in sharing life with me, not just for now, but for always. They're genuine and kind and always looking out for the needs of others around them. Specifically speaking, there are 2 delightful young women who make my days SO much brighter at the office! Jessica and Kelly have easily been what's kept me going on the days when the going gets tough. Sometimes I wonder, if it weren't for their companionship, humor, and overall friendship . .. would I even make it through one day? Oftentimes the answer is a resounding no!
This morning, as I walked into the office, I saw my sweet friend Jessica sitting at her desk. This caught my attention as she is not normally in the office quite so early! And as I rounded the corner towards my office cube, I suddenly realized why she was there. My sweet and thoughful friend happily decorated my workspace with streamers, balloons, and gifts for my 30th birthday! WHAT A SURPRISE!!! It just made my whole day (AND the idea of turning 30 that much more bearable)!
| Birthday Decorations! |
| Birthday Balloons! |
She also gave me the funniest card . . .
| Birthday Card |
But what made this card even funnier is what she wrote on the inside:
"Dear Melody, I thought this card quite captured our friendship at work! :) I feel so blessed to have met you . . . it's not very often you find someone who shares a passion for 90's hip hop, Broadway musicals, AND Psalty the Singing Songbook! . . . "
I just thought that was the funniest thing ever . . . and absolutely so true!
So today I feel like one very special girl . . . not b/c of the attention I received, but b/c of how blessed I am by the friendships around me. Friendships are absolutely what make life easier to walk through every day (no matter what it might throw your way), and if you're lucky enough to have even one good friend to share life with, then you're just plain lucky enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment