Sorry it's been so long since our last entry - it has been very busy!!! Between work, softball, company and weekend social activities, there's not been much time for blogging! :) To go WAY back (almost a month now), we finally bought our new car!!! It's a 2005 Toyota Highlander Limited - absolutely gorgeous! We couldn't have picked a better SUV. And it gets the same gas mileage as our car did - BONUS!!! We take everyone for rides in it now!!! When we go places with our friends, the Harrell's actually volunteer to drive (which is a first)! :) We are very happy. We also finally finished remodeling our bedroom furniture. Chris did a beautiful job with this - it pays to be meticulous sometimes :) I keep meaning to post pics of both the car and the furniture - I'll get to it soon :) Chris's softball team (the Nationals) is playing very well this year (especially given that they have been a "losing team" for the past 2 years). On Monday they played the team that beat them in the Championship game last year. This is the best team in the league. For 8 innings they were winning 4-0. In the 9th inning, the other team stepped it up (and the Nationals made a few careless mistakes) and ended up winning the game 7-6. We were very sad :( But they'll make up for it at tonight's game (which doesn't even begin until 9:30 pm - don't people know I'm usually in bed at this hour?!?!!?). We've made plans to go to Carowinds/Boomerang Bay Water park tomorrow with our friends. I'm SOOO excited about this! It's been ages since I've been to an amusement park, much less a WATER park!!! Chris isn't so thrilled - he's not a big fan of either - but he's being a good sport and taking one for the team. I'll bet he ends ups having a blast anyways - just because of the awesome people that we're going with! Whoohoo!!! Pics of that will be posted shortly after as well :)
On a different note, as we've passed the 3 year mark in our struggle to start a family, Chris and I decided to leave the fertility clinic we've been at the last 2 years (REACH) and transfer to another new clinic that came highly recommended to us (CMC Women's Institute). We feel very comfortable with the decision. Our old doctors/nurses weren't being very helpful or informative, nor did they ever seem to be sympathetic to our condition, so we knew it just wasn't the place to be. Our new doctor (Dr. Usadi) is a PCOS specialist, so I'm sure we'll get better direction from her than we were getting from Dr. Whitesides. Our first appointment is on Friday, July 25th at 9:00 a.m. Pending on what kind of "plan" they put us on, Chris and I had decided to move forward with the laparoscopy as soon as possible. Hopefully, whatever the doctors decide, it will put us back on the right path.
Our 5th wedding anniversary is approaching quickly (in 3 weeks) and I 'm SO excited! I cannot believe it's been 5 years already - that's like a milestone!!! Chris has made wonderful plans for us to spend a long weekend (Friday-Monday) at my favorite summer spot - Ocean Isle Beach. He rented a condo for us a block off the beach (it was the only thing we could find that didn't require a full week's stay) and it's as cute as a button :) It will be a fabulous mini-vacation/anniversary celebration!!! Crab legs . . . here I come!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment