The interview went well yesterday. It was pretty quick - like 20 minutes! I sort of felt unprepared in that I went into this interview expecting to discuss my professional qualifications and career goals, but most of the time was spent discussing our personal interests. First thing she said to me was "Tell me about yourself." She wanted to know what my hobbies were, what I did for fun, how Chris and I met, our families, etc. She said she was already aware of my qualifications and didn't feel like she needed to interview me on that alone, but she wanted to know who I am as a person. It certainly made me think and I was definately caught off guard. It's not so easy to talk aout yourself for 20 minutes to someone who is, in essence, judging you to see if you're a good fit for their company.
We left it at she'll contact me after the holidays when her current assistant moves to Charleston and will have more information to provide at that time.
In the meantime, I'm certainly enjoying staying at home, resting, and enjoying those hobbies I haven't had much time for these last couple of years. Today I will be making special Chritmas gifts for the women in my family and wrapping gifts to place under the tree . . . what fun!
OH! And we finally put up our Christmas tree last night! Most people decorate their tree to the tune of commercial Christmas music or while watching their favorite Christmas movie, but not the Harrell's . . . we decorate our tree to the tune of NFL football! A little something for us both :)

1 comment:
love love love your stockings! Enjoy this restful time! What good timing God has in giving you this restful time during the Christmas season!
Post a Comment