So, as many of you are aware, I am coming to the end of my current devotional book ("New Every Morning" by Beth Moore). This book has played a HUGE role in my spiritual walk over the last 2 months. In fact, this book is probably the most influential devotional book I've ever read in my life. All that to say, the realization that it was almost over was staggering to me. What was I going to do once I was finished? Is there even another book out there that could pick up where this one left off (spiritually speaking)??? I have been troubled by this for weeks.
Well, I think I can safely put aside my troubles a little while longer as I was divinely led to my new devotional book this morning during my time with the Lord. I am so pleased as a whole with Beth Moore's teachings and I would like to pursue them as often as possible, but the Lord has led me to another author that I believe will be a fresh and convicting source of power in my spiritual life . . . A.W.Tozer. Beginning next week, I will start reading 2 new books during my time alone with the Lord each day. One is, indeed, a "devotional" book and the other is simply a book that corresponds well and one that I am very interested in diving into. So I will soon be reading "Mornings with Tozer: 366 Devotionals" and "The Pursuit of God".
I am really excited about what the Lord is going to reveal to me during this next leg of the journey :)
No comments:
Post a Comment