Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Way-To-Save Wednesdays!!!

If you're anything like me, you wake up on Wednesday mornings with butterflies in your stomach b/c you know that as soon as you open your laptop and click on Yahoo the Harris Teeter weekly circular will have magically appeared in your inbox overnight! Now, I used to HATE HT - I thought only snobby people shopped there and they had the most expensive groceries in town! But that was before I learned the value of coupons and BOGO shopping! I've since come to realize that HT has the BEST deals of all! Take today for example. As you will see in my picture below, I bought quite a bit of stuff today. Some of those items I'm in need of right now, some I know I'll need later, and there is also the ingredients for 2 lasagna's included for meals I'm making for other people this week. MOST of these items were buy one get one free (or BOGO).

The suggested retail price on today's grocery shopping trip came to $129.92, but I only had to pay $86.94! I saved $42.98 with my VIC card and I'm well stocked for at least a couple more weeks! What a deal!

My other item on today's agenda was to purchase a new Vera Bradley all-in-one wristlet. This usually retails for $32, but I received a coupon in the mail for $10 off. So, after talking with Chris (of course), I went out in pursuit of a new VB item to add to my collection :) I was already super excited about this b/c I haven't bought anything new from Vera in a couple of years (I KNOW!), but when I got there, perfectly placed before me (beside the display of wristlets) was a glorious 75% off display!!! I could hardly believe my eyes! Vera Bradley is NEVER 75% off!!! So, after much searching, I landed on 2 new handbags that I decided would suitably replace my measly wristlet.

First, there's the Hannah bag in last Fall's Puccini pattern. Suggested retail? $45. Today's purchase price? $11.25!!!

And lastly, there's the beloved Tall Zip Tote in last Spring's Raspberry Fizz pattern. Suggested retail? $84.00. Today's purchase price? $21.00!!!

If you add that up, it comes to a whopping $35 (tax included)! That's a savings of $94.00!!! Also while I was at HT, I rummaged through their bargain bin (I always find some great stuff in there) and found this fabulous book! In time, the vision for Simply Divine Designs is to merge an event planning aspect into the business. Resources like this will be very beneficial when that time comes. In the meantime, it will be a great help when I throw parties of my own in the future! The book retails for 15 pounds (I guess it was published in England), but I bought it today for $7.99 out of the bargain bin! I would say that is definitely a bargain for this kind of book!!!


OH MY GOODNESS! What a day! PTL for sales and saving money!!!

No comments: