Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

I'm a little late in posting this . . . i know. Sunday (August 2nd) was our anniversary. We have been united together in wedded bliss for 6 years! We didn't really do anything to "celebrate" - at least not traditionally speaking. Because it fell on a Sunday this year, our day was already full of other obligations. We had church on Sunday morning, a going-away potluck lunch for our friends that afternoon, church again that evening, followed up by a little grocery store romance to boot :) Once we finished loading the groceries in the car, Chris and I just looked at each other and said "Do you wanna . . .", so we did! We went to Johnny Carino's for dinner at 9:00 that night to celebrate our anniversary :) JC's is my all-time favorite restaurant, but it's also nothing fancy. Ironically, we always end up there for almost every special occasion worth celebrating :) So when we finally got home around 10:15 that night, we were both already feeling exhausted from the day that we just wished each other a sweet "happy anniversary, honey" and trailed off to bed. I fixed a nice meal last night for Chris to come home to and gave him a small (but previously requested) gift. He, in turn, told me that he's still arranging for my gift. I don't know what that means - but if it's a weekend away somewhere beautiful and stress-free, I'm all in! :)

Chris and I haven't had the easiest of marriages and the last 6 years have been very hard, but we are at a place now where we're really starting to see the fruits of our labor and it's so exciting to experience new things together each day. For example, over this last year, we have worked very hard on important marriage principles within our relationship. As a result of that, I recognize that Chris Harrell can make me laugh like nobody else can! He makes my heart so joyful that all I can do is smile and laugh at his wonderful, yet off-beat, sense of humor! I cannot tell you how much I depended on that over this last year. In turn, he says that he has fallen in love with me over and over again recently because he sees me with a new pair of eyes. He has shifted his focus off of negative or compromising things and set them on the positive, encouraging attributes of me which has only made me more beautiful in his eyes. What wife doesn't want to hear that from her husband? He's more attentive, sharing, kind, generous, and loving as a result of that change.

I know there are still so many more things left to experience in this life, both good and bad, but I couldn't imagine a more suitable helpmate to go through it all with. I love you, Chris Harrell. You are my very best friend and I couldn't live a day without you.

1 comment:

It' an Evolution said...

Congratulations on your happiness..it is a blessing! Enjoy one another.
Janet