Every morning I follow the same, most glorious, routine! Wake up between 7:30-8:00 a.m., make coffee, eat a pop tart (on occasion), and sit down at my new little bistro table in the bay window of my kitchen. I open the blinds to let the sunshine in and my soul awakens to the possibilities of a brand new day! Typically, during my morning cup o' joe, i will check my email/facebook/blog, etc. Once the cup is drip dry, I move slowly and quietly into my time with the Lord. Time to read, time to pray, time to worship! It's the most wonderful part of my day! 99% of the time, this will last me until lunchtime :) Which I don't mind in the least! But lately, with impending thoughts of new job prospects and interviews in my day planner, I've begun to grieve the coming loss of this time that I crave so much! I wonder how things will change when I enter back into the working world? I've been terribly spoiled during my time at home. Some of that is good, some is not so good (see next paragraph for further explanation). The most wonderful thing, of course, is that I don't have to feel rushed during my day. I have all day to get things done! That will be the first thing to change when I go back to work! In addition to compromising my time with the Lord each day, I'll also compromise on the cooking :( Lately, I've made a new, homemade, meal every night of the week. It's been wonderful cooking everything from scratch! Cans and frozen food have not dared to darken my doorstep for weeks now! Chris was praising me about that last night! In fact, his exact words were, "you've really been rockin' it with the food here lately!" Wow! What a great compliment! Now I know that I can still do "make-ahead meals" and enjoy our homemade delights during the week, but it just won't be the same :( Instead of having the privilege of cooking everday, I'll now be forced into cooking all my meals in one day, sometime over the weekend, when my personal time is very little and oh so precious! What's a girl to do???
Now, I mentioned that some of my "spoilings" are not so good. There's really only one area that this pertains to. Cleaning. According to my husband, I have become very OCD about cleaning. At first I thought he was ridiculous, b/c 9 times out of 10, when I look around my home all I see is a mess. But then I started paying attention to how much emphasis I really was placing on that area of my life, and I think he is actually right (shh - don't tell him that though!). I would find myself constantly nagging or insisting every time I saw a pair of shoes on the living room floor, or a shirt hanging at the foot of the banister, or a dish that wasn't carried into the kitchen or put in the sink. It really did become a little obsessive. The problem is, I still don't know how to manage this. I want Chris to take responsibility and notice that I spend each day cleaning his home and making it presentable for him when he comes home from work everyday, thus prompting him to not make a mess, or at least clean up his mess, during his few hours at home each day. But, at the same time, it's not like I can't take 5 minutes the next morning, after he's left for the office, to go behind him and pick up those little things that I probably dreamt about the night before! I guess it's a matter of principle. I'm happy to clean our home everyday. I, myself, enjoy spending my time in a clean environment. But I'd like for him to share in some of that responsibility, too. Again, I ask . . . what's a girl to do?
I suppose, during this time of pending jobs and too much time on my hands, I'll just make the most of every minute I have. Drink it all in while it still is available to me. Pray that I can accept the forthcoming changes well. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment