Monday, August 10, 2009

To All My Dog Lovers Out There . . .

It goes without saying that I am a neat and tidy person. I actually ENJOY cleaning and I spend the majority of every day doing it in one way or another. However, having 2 dogs requires a lot of extra cleaning :) This afternoon as I was peering around our front entry foyer to notice how beautifully the sunlight shines through the window to illuminate our staircase, I also noticed how very UNCLEAN my staircase was! I'll admit, it's not something that makes my weekly cleaning checklist, or my monthly list for that matter. It's probably been about 6 months since I cleaned my stairs last (shhh . . . don't tell). So, in honor of hosting 2 large group events at my house in the next 2 weeks, I realized that it was time I finally cleaned the very dirty stairs! This is never an enjoyable task as it requires a lot of time and effort. But, the final product is so worth it in the end (see for yourself)!


no, silly . . . those are NOT shower loofas! They're giant hairballs from my 2 favorite canines!

"hey mom, what's going on? I worked hard to lay that foundation of soft hair on the stairs so I could relax in comfort!"


All clean! Mom is happy!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Okay, so I can totally relate. Just substitute gray and white hair for golden hair and you are looking at my staircase!