Well, I never thought I would say this, but it is becoming apparent that Chris and I have been called to ministry. Not full-time ministry, not yet at least, but enough to keep us busy serving right now :) Chris began serving in the Men's Ministry at HGBC a few months ago. Since that time, he has made a huge impression on many people and is potentially gearing up to lead that ministry by the beginning of 2010. In addition, he is teaching our new Sunday School Class (PT) and taking on all the responsibility of leading/serving there while continuing to serve in the Worship Department as well. He is a man of many hats these days! He is really loving it, though, and he has a clear vision about where all these things are leading, so the fruits of his labor will not be in vain :)
I am perhaps most amazed at how involved in minstry I am becoming. I say this only b/c I honestly never thought I would choose that path (however, I guess it chose me). God has been working deeply on my heart these last few months and clearly revealing to me where and when I need to serve. So, here's my current rap sheet for this Fall: Co-leading in our new Sunday School Class, teaching 2 year old's in Nursery, Co-leading Middle School "D-Groups" (Discipleship Groups) with my friend Kelly, and co-leading our ladies Bible Study with Valerie. In addition, the Lord has been working on my heart about starting an adoption and orphan care ministry at HGBC. I have already opened the conversation with the Missions Pastor, Education Pastor, and Missions Deacon at North Campus. They are all highly in favor of it. I have many resources at my disposal to get this ministry up and running, but I'm still praying through all the logistics and making sure that I'm hearing God clearly when He speaks to me about this ministry "idea".
This list does not include any of the Bible Studies/Accountability Groups that we have chosen to participate in for our own spiritual development, so needless to say, it's going to be a busy remainder of the year in the Harrell household :)
God is so good, though, and He will equip us for His service. We are definitely looking forward to all that He will teach us over the next few months.
1 comment:
Hey Melody, the craft fair is at my sister's church, Beacon Baptist in Raleigh. She actually signed me up, so I'm not sure who the contact person is there. But if you called the church, they could point you to the right person. It will be Nov. 13 and 14.
Happy sewing and crafting!
~Andrea
Post a Comment